Sunday, August 29, 2010

BAYANI

This August 29 (or 30, as others put it), the Philippines celebrates National Heroes Day. Interestingly, the Metro Comic Con was held last August 21 to 22, and I guess one could consider it as a celebration of our fictional heroes.

It's just disheartening to think that in-between those 2 events, August 23, was a day without heroes.

I really hate to dwell on the past week's tragedy. The nation's experiencing enough gloom and shame already. Perhaps one way we can recover is to be reminded of the few heroes we still have in our midst.

So I just thought I'd post this video that I found on YouTube. It's an animated short made by a student from De La Salle College of St. Benilde entitled Bayani. It's about the Philippines' heroes dealing with the threat of the Brain Drain. It features Captain Barbell, Darna, Lastikman, Gagamboy and-- The Greatest Filipino Hero of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment