Monday, October 4, 2010

NINJA KIDS-- in SPANISH!

While this site is mainly about Pinoy comic book heroes, there will be a few exceptions, like this one. Today happens to be the birthday of the late Master Rapper Francis Magalona, so I thought I'd share this curiosity I found on YouTube.

In 1986, the man who would be Francism co-starred in the classic action-fantasy-comedy Ninja Kids. What not many Filipino fans realize is that the film was also released outside the country, and has developed quite a following overseas as well.

And they say the local film industry hasn't had luck penetrating the international market. Frankly, I'd rather the Philippines be known by the rest of the world for making a cool action movie than some pretentious artsy-fartsy picture or a quote-unquote "pang-award" drama flick. But that's just me.

Anyway, here are some clips from the Spanish version of Ninja Kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment