Tuesday, August 26, 2014

KARATECHA

Hey, it's been a while.  I've been forced to go on hiatus for health reasons, and it'll take a bit more time til I can post on a regular basis, but I'll do what I can.  For now, may I present the sexy ninja crimefighter, Karatecha.


Appearing in KISS Comics (published by Compass Comics Group) from 1988 to 1989, Karatecha was written by Roljie Redondo, with art by Gilberto Monserrate (issues 1-5) and Ding Abubot (issues 8-10).


Never really collected KISS Comics, but I remember it and its sister publication, the horror comic ARGH!  They used to have those commercials on TV ("Uuuuy, KISS!"  "ARGH!  Lagot kayo!").  ARGH's signature characters were Bungo, Da Monster Avenger and this Vampirella-ish character, Devlynn, Da Devil's Daughter.



Thanks to Pauli Santos for providing the images and info about this character.

1 comment:

  1. Mayroon ng mga bagong Karatecha fanfiction!!! Sa wattpad.com Exciting at fresh adventures! Umaatikabong bakbakan!

    ReplyDelete